We are proud to have pupil representatives that take part in our School Council.
Aims of the council:
- To make sure that our school is a safe and happy place.
- To make sure that children have a place to voice their concerns.
- To encourage all children in the school to suggest improvements.
- To make sure that any suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon.
Meet our Councillors
The council exists to ensure that pupils have a voice and are involved in the school decisions that affect them:
- In class all pupils have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates in reaching democratic solutions.
- Class representatives are nominated to serve on the council and are voted in by their classmates; their term of office spans throughout the academic year – September to July.
- The School Council meets regularly, with a teacher present, to discuss school issues, suggestions and concerns that have been raised by their classmates.
- Wider issues and ideas that arise in class are discussed further at Council meetings; this ensures that as many pupil voices as possible are heard.
- Council members are responsible for carrying out any actions that have been agreed at their meetings.
School Council News
Click hear to read about our latest meeting and actions.