The Secondary School application deadline, for children in Year 6 in the 2020/21 academic year, is Saturday 31st October 2020.
Before applying to a Secondary School you are advised to:
- Carefully read the admissions criteria for the schools that you are interested in
- Contact individual schools directly for specific information and request a copy of the school’s own prospectus
- Try to attend open days/evenings to speak to staff and form your own opinion of the school’s suitability for your child
The London-wide application system means that wherever you live, you can apply for a secondary school place in up to six schools using one single form from your council. Lambeth residents are advised to apply online at www.lambeth.gov.uk or if you are unable to apply online, complete a paper Common Application Form, which is available from Lambeth Customer Service Centre, Olive Morris House, 18 Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RD.
1. Once you have submitted your application you will be issued with a unique reference number similar to 208-2014-09-E-001234, which will be proof that your application has been received.
2. The online system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, up until midnight on the 31st October. However, you are encouraged to submit your application no later than 24th October, to allow sufficient time for checking.
This presentation explains the procedures to apply for a secondary school place.
If you would like any additional information please feel free to talk to your child’s teacher or our Extended School’s Coordinator, Dawn Cunningham. Alternatively you may prefer to contact the Lambeth School Admissions Team on: 020 7926 9503 or visit the website at www.lambeth.gov.uk/eadmissions