Our Vision and Aims
The vision for Richard Atkins is to be a welcoming, caring and inclusive community primary school at which any child can fulfil his or her educational and social potential fully supported by parents, teachers and other staff. Richard Atkins seeks to raise standards, always working to be better.
Richard Atkins Primary School aims to:
- Create a caring, safe and stimulating environment, where every child is happy and healthy and feels valued as an individual
- Provide every child with a high quality of education, ensuring that each has equal and full access to all that the school offers and that each reaches his or her full potential
- Help children develop skills in literacy, numeracy and communication – together with knowledge, understanding and practical abilities – that will equip them to meet future challenges
- Help children develop self-awareness and sensitivity towards others and the capacity to form relationships based on kindness, empathy and consideration
- Encourage an awareness of the wider community and environment, and what is going on in the world
- Provide an excellent working environment for all teachers and support staff, with full opportunities for personal and professional development
- Work closely with parents and the community, with all parties committed and contributing to continuous and mutual support.
If you would like to know more about our school, please feel free to contact our school office to arrange a visit.
Nadia McIntosh – Headteacher.